This new house is located next to one of the most significant buildings in the village of Castletown, Caithness. Traill Hall was gifted to the community by the stone quarry owning Traill family after construction in 1866 and now stands derelict, subject to a number of community initiatives to bring it back into use.┬áThe new house is designed around four main standard components, all assembled off site using local, natural materials – with facade modules clad in Caithness stone, for which the area was world renowned: the wealth from which enabled the adjacent Traill Hall to be constructed.